Solid Edge 2019 released.What’s New
Key Design Application Areas:
- Electrical Design
- Data Management
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- 3D Printing
- Technical Publications
Have a look at quick short demos to know more about the exiciting features of Solid Edge 2019.
Solid Edge is an industry-leading mechanical design system with exceptional tools for creating and managing 3D digital prototypes.
Solid Edge modeling and assembly tools enable your engineering team to easily develop a full range of products, from single parts to assemblies containing thousands of components. Tailored commands and structured workflows accelerate the design of features common in specific industries and you ensure accurate fit and function of parts by designing, analyzing and modifying them within the assembly model. With Solid Edge, your products come together right first time, every time.
Revolutionary Synchronous Technology
The software combines direct modeling with dimension driven design under the name “Synchronous Technology”. Parametric relationships can be applied directly to the solid features without having to depend on 2D sketch geometry, and common parametric relationships are applied automatically.
Unlike other direct modeling systems, it is not driven by the typical history-based modeling system, instead providing parametric dimension-driven modeling by synchronizing geometry, parameters and rules using a decision-making engine, allowing users to apply unplanned design changes. Solid Edge is the only solution which offers history-free modeling capability over the entire CAD modeling range covering part, assembly, routed systems and sheet-metal.
Benefits of Solid Edge
- Easy to use
- Freely editCAD models of Pro/E,Solidworks, NX,Inventor, STEP and IGES files
- Best in sheet-metal modelling – Unfold bend and deep-drawn sheet components
- Fantastic large assembly performance -can handle models containing over 100,000 parts
- Excellent marketing material using Keyshot
- Create parts in Assembly environment for fast GA to Design process
- Easily convert 2D to 3D
- Design faster using 3D driving dimensions
- Integrated CAM module for best- in-class machining
- Piping and analysis
Solid Edge Flavours
- Solid Edge Foundation – for general product and tool design
- Solid Edge Classic – for industrial machinery
- Solid Edge Premium – for wiring, piping and assembly level analysis
Solid Edge Feature Matrix