Delivering Machine Tool Value
CAM Express is a modular, flexible configuration of numerical control (NC) programming solutions that allows you to maximize the value of your investments in the latest, most efficient and most capable machine tools. Easy to deploy and easy to learn, CAM Express provides powerful NC programming with a low total cost of ownership.
CAM Express can be used independently of any specific computer-aided design (CAD) system and includes key industry translators for data import. CAM Express is also available for integrated use with Siemens PLM Software CAD applications (NX and Solid Edge) based on the same packages outlined below.
A complete foundation within each package
Each CAM Express package comes with a comprehensive base of core technology including access to the Siemens PLM on-line post-processor library, a graphical post processor build and edit application, tool-path verification, CAD file translators, .on-line help, shop documentation output, assembly handling, access to machining parameter library with proven machining data and more.
Modular industry focused packages
CAM Express is available in application focused packages to address:
- 2 1/2 Axis Machining
- 3 Axis Machining
- Mill-Turn Machining
- Advanced Machining
- Easy to Deploy
- On-line Post Library
Siemens PLM offers on line access to a post processor library supported by the Siemens PLM Global Technical Access Center (GTAC). Customers can search for and download post files directly into CAM Express saving time, and making it easier to become productive.
Easy to Use
- Navigators – CAM Express has a set of consistent navigators that manage key elements of the system. These make the software powerful yet easy to use.
- Wizards – Wizards take the user to a whole new level of automated interaction. Almost anyone can follow the steps. CAM Express comes with the drag and drop wizard builder.
- Using templates– Templates are used extensively throughout the system to capture and re-apply methods, geometry, setups, operations and tool selections. They are easy to use and streamline programming tasks.
- Low Cost of Ownership – To meet budgets and business targets customers need CAM software applications that combine range and dept of capability plus advanced technical performance with a low total cost of ownership.
CAM Express includes capabilities that other systems can’t provide or charge a premium for. NC Programmers need a full complement of capabilities that support and enhance the programming task.
• Tool path verification
• Assembly environment
• Shop documentation
• Integrated post processing
• Full range of translators
• Cutting parameter database
• On-line help
High speed machining
High speed machines have transformed the Mould and die business. Finer finishes, better accuracy fewer electrodes, and less bench time are the rewards for manufacturers who can program these machines effectively.
To maximize the value of the advanced tool path technology CAM Express customers get access to the proven methods and knowledge needed to deliver an effective high speed machining solution.
Multi-turret, multi-spindle, mill-turn machinery is delivering ever higher production efficiency, as one machine replaces several. Your challenge is to program these machines, taking advantage of their innovative features and minimizing cycle times.
Complex geometry demands the versatility of 5– axis machine tools. Programming these requires software flexibility with significant user control. Collision checking and accurate machine simulation reduce the need for dry run checking.