- JMP implements Adstefan successfully
- Madura Steels invests in Adstefan
- Tharaj Castings invests in Adstefan
Fast, accurate and affordable casting simulation solution from Hitachi, Japan.
Many products are made by casting (e.g. Diecasting), and its quality and precisions are asked higher and higher. In general, castings are produced relying on casting engineers’ skill, experience and intuition. Therefore, casting engineers spend a lot of time and cost in not only designing but also modifying.
Casting Simulation System, ADSTEFAN visualize physical phenomena occurs in a Mould when molten metal is filling or solidifying. You can predict what types of phenomenon or defects occurs inside of the Mould without trial casting. ADSTEFAN brings you to reduce trial casting, designing time and cost, and also to improve quality of a product.
It is a comprehensive tool for casting defect assessment and can predict the following;
- Misrun, Cold shut, Flow line, Air entrapment, Gas porosity
- Shrinkage cavity, Micro porosity, Cold flakes, Hot spot
- Soldering, Casting distortion, Crack
- Considering filling speed, filling temperature and die temperature
- Considering and optimizing overflow, riser, runner and gating position
Other parameters that are computed are;
- Fluid Flow
- Thermal stress
- Macro-structure prediction
1.) Auto mesh generation (High accurate auto modification function is now available) :
FDM (Finite difference Method) Mesh is automatically generated. Even if a quality of 3D CAD data (STL) is bad, i.e. missing some surface, ADSTEFAN mesh program automatically modifies CAD data errors and reduce time to generate and modify mesh data.
2.) Material Database
ADSTEFAN provides material database as standard.Initial value for each material is prepared in the database so that required material database is available by clicking the name of the material. Also, it is easy to customize the database as you want, such as adding new material data or changing some value of the existing material.
Wall resistance or temperature dependency data can be registered on the database.
|AI||42||AC4C, ADC12, etc.|
|Fe, Steel||34||FC, FCD, etc.|
|Cu||9||BC1, BC2, etc.|
|Casting Mg||14||AM60, AZ91D, etc.|
|Zn||5||ZDC1, ZDC2, etc.|
|Mould, the others||65||SKD61, chiller, isothermal, etc.|
3.) Import parameters from the previous analysis and Customize the data:
You can import and divert parameters from previous analysis if models are similar. Even if there are some differences, you can change them to appropriate parameters for new analysis. It makes it easy for engineers to set parameters for analysis.
The highlights of the software are as follows;
- Technology from Hitachi, Japan
- Fastest solver available in the market
- Over 500 global users
- Solver – FDM (Finite difference method), mixed elements and CIP method
- Very high speed – 2 hours solving time for 20 million mesh
- Up to 3-5 times faster compared to other solutions
- Automatic geometry repair of STL data
- Automatic fast meshing
- Over 160 strong material library
- Automatic analysis report in Excel format
- Available for 64 bit computers
4.) Innovative license management to maximise your hardware utilisation.
Additional cores allows you to reduce simulation time of a single project by using multiple cores but will also allow you to run multiple projects in parallel on all cores. As per the image shown above, using a 4CPU license, one can run 4 projects in parallel, all of which can use all 4 cores.